Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wicked Lit: A Ghost Story

Yes, I went out on a school night to see a scary play at the Biltmore! If you don't know Wicked Lit, they take classic horror stories and turn them into plays in unique locations. I heard about them from two unconnected friends who saw last year's Halloween production at the Mountain View Mausoleum and Cemetery in Altadena. (My friends ROCK!!) By the time I heard their raves, the shows were sold out. However, I got on Wicked Lit's mailing list, and to my surprise, I got an invite to tonight's reinterpretation of Mark Twain's "A Ghost Story" at the Biltmore Hotel.

If I haven't shared, I did some training with the LA Conservancy to lead Biltmore docent tours. It ended up not working out for various reasons, but I was exposed to a ghost story or two in my training. This only added to the fun of an onsite horror play!

In this installment, a traveler's car breaks down, and his only refuge from a storm is an un-GPS-able hotel. Get out of my head if you're also thinking Brad sans Janet and Rocky Horror! Actually, our Brad encounters the Cardiff Giant, plus Ghost and Shadow, who are all sadly out of touch with reality. I won't spill the beans in case you get a chance to see the play for yourself, and check out the real story behind the Cardiff Giant hoax if you need some edutainment.

And, yes, I'm standing by for this Halloween's performance. You know you'll see it here when it happens!

Click here to go to Wicked Lit's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment