Friday, June 3, 2011

Hoosierland Influence: Butt Drugs

Yes, I am this immature! I'm back in Indiana for a family get-together, so I'm sharing some of the things that made me what I am today. Butt Drugs has been a fixture on the historic Corydon square (the original state capital) for almost 60 years as a pharmacy and soda fountain. It's been a source of my chuckles for a good chunk of that time.

Butt Drugs is a place I continue to drag my teenaged nephews when I'm in town. They humor me by coming along (they're either more mature than I am, or over the jokes, probably both!), and this time we bellied up to the soda fountain for some old-school treats. If you recall my Fair Oaks Pharmacy post from the summer of 2009, you'll know I really enjoy a soda fountain, maybe BECAUSE of the early influence of Butt Drugs. I had an awesome Cherry Capsule, sort of like a chocolate-covered cherry milkshake! Do I have to tell you how yummy that was?!

Butt Drugs makes lemonade with their family name, with t-shirts, bumper stickers, coffee mugs and other promotional items. It's definitely memorable! Click here for their commercial if you have any doubts.

Can you beat Butt Drugs with a better family business name? Feel free to share!

Click here for Butt Drug's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment