Friday, May 6, 2011

Boneyard Bistro














Here's another good reason to like Sherman Oaks: Boneyard Bistro on Ventura Boulevard.

A friend met me at work to check out our new Houdini and Masters of Illusions exhibitions (you should see them too!), and we went back-and-forth in our Googling about where to have dinner. Finally, we came upon Boneyard Bistro. I immediately dug the tuxedoed skeleton icon hosting their Web site and was wishing I was wearing one of my Day of the Dead t-shirts or toting a souvenir from Skeletons in the Closet (see July 2009 post). Oh well, next time I'll be prepared, because there will be a next time!

The bone door handle was a cheeky nod that this was going to be a cool place. Luckily, we had reservations as the tables were filling up. We decided to fill up too after reading the menu. In the photo you see the tower of heirloom tomatoes with bleu cheese and herbs. YUM!! What you don't see is the pulled pork dumplings, spinach salad, chili-filled donut holes, or the cornbread muffins and crusty bread. Delish! I'm going back for some barbecue and the coffin cake. Who's with me?

Click here for Boneyard Bistro's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment