Saturday, January 22, 2011

Museum of Neon Art

Finally! I picked the right time to be downtown when the Museum of Neon Art (MONA) was open! I remember back in the day, when MONA was over by the Pantry, and how much fun it was to go to the gallery. Since then, they've moved around to a few spaces, including Universal Citywalk. And, from what I was told, they'll be relocating to Glendale in the next year or so.

Meanwhile, back at Fun Land, it was great to see the neon retail signs from back in the day. Manny, Moe and Jack grinned at me, all back-lit and hanging on the wall. Ultimate bonus was that I was in the gallery by myself, and they turned on the neon just for me! They were all buzzy and humming and blipping for the first few seconds until they came alive!

They aren't able to display the full collection at this downtown site, and it can be a pretty quick stroll through the displays. However, it was totally worth it. Go see it for yourself!

Click here to go to MONA's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment