Monday, December 14, 2009

Walt Disney Concert Hall














The Walt Disney Concert Hall is the jewel in the crown of LA's Music Center. Opening in 2003, it seems to have reinvigorated the classy music performance scene downtown. At least in my humble opinion, it's now cool to see and hear classical tunes.

I was the lucky +1 for a Master Chorale concert at Disney Hall last night. I dolled up to enjoy a wonderful night of music. Christmas music was slated, the bulk of it non-traditional by today's standards.
I was looking forward to hearing my favorite instrument, the pipe organ. All the stops were pulled out for this concert, and the audience even got to sing-along with the professionals! As the guest of a Master Chorale Board family member, I chose to not take a photo inside the auditorium of the awesome presentation. This external shot will have to do for now.

Although the organ isn't always part of the schedule, go to Disney - and the Ahmanson, Chandler and Taper venues - when you have the chance. As the Music Center, these four facilities offer musicals, plays and opera, plus the Philharmonic and the Master Chorale. I may not "get" it, but I always enjoy it!

Click here to go to their Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment