Saturday, December 19, 2009

El Coyote Mexican Cafe

So, I could show you another huge, yummy burrito, but you've seen that before. You've surely seen one here on this very blog!

No, for El Coyote Mexican Cafe, I'm showing the wonderful, wacky interior before I talk about that burrito! I love the multi-colored pepper lights and the mirror artwork throughout. It looks like this even when it's not Christmas! I also smile at the fancy-dressed vaquero mannequin in what was once a phone booth by the bathroom. The waitresses wear the traditional dresses with the rickrack trim, which only adds to the experience!

El Coyote dates back to 1931 and has probably been a hopping happy hour spot for its 75+ years. Although my group took the sodas and water route, our whistles were definitely wetted for the hot and fresh chips and salsa to start. I barely had stomach room for my jumbo veggie burrito with the works (sour cream, guacamole and ranchero sauce) after inhaling the chips. Two surprising options on the menu were the ostrich meat, and spaghetti as a side dish. Is this a new - or an old - tradition?

Sorry, I have to say it. El Coyote is a howling good time!

Click here to go to their Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment