Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Veggie Grill

I was in West Hollywood to see a show on the Strip, and I needed something quick and cheap to eat. The Veggie Grill came through, and it was healthy to boot!

The Veggie Grill just opened in late September in the Sunset Plaza. It felt new, as the staff approached visitors and asked if they had any questions about the menu board posted on the wall. Their offerings are all plant-based and geared to vegans and vegetarians. I selected the portobello mushroom on a wheat bun, with a dollop of guacamole, carmelized onions and a roasted garlic clove. I couldn't put it down! Literally, it was a slippery-slidey sandwich, but it didn't matter since I practically inhaled it. The side of crispy slaw was quite nice, with other options available for an upcharge.

I'll be back to try the "chickin" and the chili, and the sweet potato fries are reportedly scrumptious. And, they validate. Seems like the perfect solution to the growling tummy when in WeHo!

Click here to go to their Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment