Saturday, August 1, 2009

Pete's Blue Chip in Eagle Rock

It's Saturday, so that means getting up at the crack of dawn and running with my training group. And, it usually means that food will follow. Today, Coaches Jeanne and Bert had a tempting menu from Pete's Blue Chip on Colorado in Eagle Rock. I remembered Pete's Burgers down by USC with their yummy fish sandwiches, so I was totally game, thinking it was the same joint. I'm thrilled to report Pete's Blue Chip is way better.

Better because they serve breakfast burritos all day, for starters.

You may already know about my fixation with breakfast burritos, surprisingly spurred by one at a DQ in Indiana. Since then, I've been on the hunt. At Pete's, I ordered the mushroom, egg and avocado version, and it was fabulous. Not only was it about the size of my forearm (no joking, I almost used that picture but you couldn't see the filling), but the avocado was fresh and plentiful, and there was a tasty salsa mixed in. Yummy! For about $7, I got the burrito plus a root beer with horchata chaser. Be prepared to be shocked, but I could only eat half and look forward to finishing it off for dinner tonight.

As you can see from the photo, the portions are more than ample, and everything is cooked to order so it's fresh. There are lots of other menu choices to sample, including some delish-looking zucchini fries. Whether I ever order those other things is up in the air, as my blue chip at Pete's is pretty well set.

No Web site at this time. Street address is 1701 Colorado Boulevard, LA 90041. Cross street is Mt. Royal (in Eagle Rock). Phone is 323-478-9022.

No comments:

Post a Comment