Thursday, August 13, 2009

Griffith Park Merry-Go-Round

After the delightful ride on the Ferris wheel last week, I was due for spin on the Griffith Park Merry-
Go-
Round
. I ride the M-G-R several times a year, and I have a few friends who also refuse to grow up and join in the fun. (My profile picture was taken on one of these steady steeds.) I was cutting through the park to avoid traffic on the 5 and heard the enchanting band organ piping out the music. That was all I needed to plunk down $2 for a ticket.

This M-G-R dates back to 1926 and has been in the park since 1937. The band organ is a treat all to itself, with the boxes and boxes of paper music rolls ready to be played. Stop by, have a listen, and climb aboard. Adulthood can wait!

Click here to go to their Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment