Monday, December 15, 2014

Modan Artisanal Ramen



















I got my mani/pedi fix at my fave South Pas Nail Lounge (see February 2012 post), and, feeling human again, I noticed a new shop in the strip: Modan Artisanal Ramen. Time to go all Cruise Director and give my new neighbor a try.

Artisanal ramen, you ask? This is their namesake dish, with slabs of chashu (braised pork belly), green onion, wood mushrooms, seaweed paper (on the back side of the bowl), half a hardboiled egg, and black garlic truffle oil. Certainly not the 10 for $1 ramen noodles of our hard-times years, but you can decide what would be artisanal to your palate! It can tell you it was delicious!!

I also had an appie order of tempura green beans with garlic aioli dipping sauce that still has been bleary eyed with happiness.

When you go, be advised that the space is small, with fewer than 10 tables and a couple of seats at the bar. The joint was bustling with take-out orders the night I was there. And, you can get your nails done if you have to wait for a table!

Modan does not have a website. Their address is 700 Fair Oaks Avenue, Suite G, South Pasadena. Their phone is 626-799-2878.

No comments:

Post a Comment