Friday, June 27, 2014

Stoneface at Pasadena Playhouse














Sorry for the last minute nudge, but Stoneface at Pasadena Playhouse is a really great show, and it closes on Sunday.

Stoneface is a nickname for Buster Keaton to describe his deadpan expression. The play tells the story of Buster's rise to stardom, then fall, then return to fame. I certainly didn't know this history, but my Keaton-fanatic friends confirmed it was all true. What's cool is the way the story is told, including the actors "interacting" with projected film clips, and the recreation of some classic Keaton scenes. The physicality is amazing! I don't think I'm spoiling anything if I tell you that you get to see a version of the train scene from "The General." And, the live piano playing makes for a really fun experience.

Just go! Your face will be smiling, laughing and cheering for Stoneface!

Click here for Pasadena Playhouse's Stoneface Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment