Saturday, August 24, 2013

Peter Frampton's Guitar Circus




















Did you know that B.B. King is 87 years old? When I saw that he was on the lineup with Peter Frampton's Guitar Circus at the Greek Theater, I knew I had to see him one more time.

B.B. is still the maestro! His playing was awesome, and he was sharp and funny in his chatter. Dang, I hope I still know what music is when I get to be 87, let alone play it! Peter Frampton joined him onstage for "The Thrill Is Gone," and that interplay was incredible.

When it was Peter's turn, he also wowed the crowd! The Guitar Circus features different guitarists at each stop, and we got to see and hear Dean DeLeo from Stone Temple Pilots, and Andy Summers from the Police. Woohoo!! Peter did the mouth tube-whawha-words played through the guitar-thingy (actually called a TalkBox) for "Show Me The Way" plus Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun" (no Chris Cornell, though) for some good fun. Dean and Andy joined Peter for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" for the grand finale. Rock on, guys! I hope the Guitar Circus makes another stop soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment