Monday, February 11, 2013

Oak Tree Inn










Today, I'm celebrating Chinese New Year. It's now the Year of the Snake, marking a shift towards transformation, steady progress, focus and discipline. I'm also catching up with a friend I haven't seen for awhile and sharing stories about all the changes in our lives. We realized we hadn't really talked in more than six months, as she didn't know about my braces and was totally surprised to hear the details around getting my cat.

We decided to go the Oak Tree Inn, on Fair Oaks in South Pas. We'd each been before with other chums and fondly recalled the string beans. Remember my post on Bamboo's string beans from September 2010? Oak Tree's dish had ground pork for a different twist. And, their Kung Pao Chicken was super-spicy and flavorful. Both were delish! They also end the meal with a fortune cookie dipped in white chocolate. Wow! My fortune: "Your charm is quite irresistible." Perfect springboard for the Year of the Snake!

Oak Tree Inn doesn't have a Web site. Street address is 1315 Fair Oaks Avenue in South Pasadena 91030. Phone (323) 682-2882.

No comments:

Post a Comment