Sunday, August 26, 2012

Shakespeare in Griffith Park




















Add another attraction to my Griffith Park rave list: free Shakespeare performances (#10 and counting!). Thanks to the Independent Shakespeare Company (ISC) and a number of community organizations, you can get your culture on at no cost through Labor Day!

On the grassy glen near the Old Zoo caves (see December 2009 post), ISC has been performing "The Winter's Tale," "A Midsummer Night's Dream," and "The Comedy of Errors" to packed crowds this season. I've seen - and heard them laughing - when I've been hiking in the evenings. I decided to finally see "Dream" on a whim after work, so I grabbed some grub from Whole Foods and found a seat out on the lawn for my picnic and the play. What fun! I'm bummed that I didn't make it out earlier.

Sorry for the late notice, but who wants to see "Errors" with me?!

Click here to go to Independent Shakespeare Company's Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment