Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Handmade Galleries LA












Almost every day, I sit in Ventura Boulevard traffic in front of Handmade Galleries LA, always wondering exactly what it is all about. Well, today I found out.

To cut to the chase, it is wonderful! Imagine an antique mall, except all the display cases are filled with goods that are, well, handmade. Just to list a few of my favorites: a remade vintage pearl necklace with an awesome floral cluster pin with a bee sitting on top; Remington typewriter keys repurposed into fantastic necklaces, bracelets and earrings; Day of the Dead figurines and artwork, and a wild selection of books and cards.

The backside of their business card is classic; it says "Things you must buy to make me happy..." See above, in case you've forgotten that my birthday is shortly after Christmas!

Click here to go to their Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment