Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ki's Restaurant

Who out there remembers the Atlas Supper Club on Wilshire, right by the Wiltern Theater in Koreatown? I do, and I can still taste their most delish dish: guava goat cheese quesadilla. I’m salivating just TYPING it!

Why do I bring this up, you ask? Because I’m in Carlsbad for the Half Marathon, and you know I have to eat. I’ve carb loaded and protein loaded, now I just need to get some dinner and get to bed. Some friends recommended Ki’s Restaurant in Cardiff, just south of Carlsbad, for fresh, healthy and quick food.

While perusing their menu with many appealing options, I spotted the Brie, Mango, and Avocado Quesadilla. I was immediately back at Atlas, with those awesome lightning bolt light fixtures and cool jazz, impatiently waiting for my guava goat cheese quesadilla.

Ki’s version did not disappoint. Their perfect balance of warm brie, avocado and mango both made me relish Atlas, while chalking them up to history the same time. I can now move on. Atlas is no more, but Ki’s still exists! While I probably won’t drive to Carlsbad just for the food, it’s good to know it’s there if I need it.

Click here to go to their Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment