Tuesday, June 19, 2018

The Sword and The Scone

I've always thought High Tea was a great escape, and The Sword and The Scone on Blankenbaker Parkway delivered it right to my table. This time, my dining companion was my great-niece, who was having her first tea experience. If I have anything to do with it, this won't be her last!
















This was the perfect greeting artfully posted in the lobby gift shop. They had a variety of super-cute items, ranging from aprons, socks, purses, and even jewelry and tiaras. But we were there for the tea!
















My super-niece totally got into having her pinkie out for her pink lemonade served in the pretty teacup! It was fun to get to pick a favorite from the mismatched designs on the tables. And our three-tiers of treats were impressive as well. Bottom to top, we shared these savories: turkey pinwheels, mini everything turnover, cauliflower parmesan muffin, and chicken in a biscuit shortbread (shaped like a chicken cookie, which was an interesting mental challenge). The middle layer of scones included: chocolate chip, garlic cheddar, cherry chip, and vanilla. Our top-level sweets were: orange creme mousse, green tea cookies, strawberry-lemon bars, honey and rose pound cake, and Reese's bottom cheese cake. Wow!

Oh, and my tea choice was Captain Jack: dried ginger pieces, hibiscus, peppermint and spearmint leaves. It was delicious over ice!

Who wants to return with me?

Click here for their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment