Saturday, June 13, 2015

Louisville, KY Adventures

I'm back to the homeland for this year's Relay for Life with my family. I planned in an extra day on this trip, so let's cross the Ohio River and visit Louisville!
















The first stop is the Brown Hotel for their famous Hot Brown, a Louisville tradition since 1926. This is it! An open-face turkey sandwich with Mornay sauce, more cheese, grilled tomatoes, and bacon. Delish, and the crock was virtually licked clean!! Susan Versus Food had a clear winner. I'm not sure how I've gotten this far in life without having one!!

Click here for the Brown Hotel's website.

A few blocks away, there is Museum Row on Main Street. Due to limited time, I have to go with what is right in front of me.




















How could you pass by the giant baseball bat from the Louisville Slugger Baseball Museum and Factory? When we were kids, we visited the baseball bat factory in like fourth grade. It was then located on our side of the river, in Clarksville, IN.













I don't remember much of the visit, except we each got a mini bat, kind of like this one, at about 18" long. You can't take pictures during the tour, so just trust me that real baseball bats are made there.
















There was also a Topps trading card exhibition, Topps Pop Culture: Home Runs to Hollywood, which featured costumes and autographed materials with the cards from TV shows like "Lost in Space" and "Star Trek," Ringo Starr's drumsticks, and this awesome Elvis Presley-signed scarf. Bonus!

Click here for the Louisville Slugger Museum's website.




















Final stop is the Louisville Glassworks. Unfortunately, most of it was closed for a private event, so I couldn't do any of the projects. But what a spectacular display of glass artworks in the gift shops! I love these colorful vases suspended on strings.



















And these Dr. Seuss-ish glass pieces!




















And these are the completed projects from an onsite class. Hello, Kitty made a special appearance! Next time I'm in town, I want to take one of these classes.

Click here for Glasswork's website.

Time to head to my side of the river. What a fun outing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment