Saturday, October 11, 2014

Ventura Seaside Highland Games

















I'm in Ventura for my first bagpiping competition. I know!! The same stomping ground from my April 2012 Ventura post makes for a comfortable and welcome return.



















After walking and shopping Ventura's Old Town District, I decided on this beef salad at Tipps Thai for dinner. While waiting for my meal to-go, it seemed like everyone knew each other. It would be a fun place to hang on a regular basis. And, this salad was terrific! It was super spicy and a tasty base for the next layer of flavor.

Click here for Tipps Thai's website.





















I HAD to return to Trufflehound's! They delivered again with this dark chocolate, cinnamon oil and cayenne pepper delicacy. This beautifully decorated piece is about the size of a credit card; I normally could power through this and more, but the fire from the spice called for some portion control.

Click here for Trufflehound's website.


















So, I'm happy to report that I did not choke, play the wrong tune, or embarrass the bagpiping community with my first competition attempt! YAY!! Goal met, I'm going to have a tasty meat pie from the festival before starting the drive back to South Pas. Yummmmmm.













The final stop in Ventura was McConnell's, home to some incredibly delicious ice cream. I'd only know of the Santa Barbara location until I spotted this one on the way out of town. This is the Eureka lemon and marionberry blend in the innovative biodegradable bamboo cup. I'm excited to see that they now have a storefront at the Grand Central Market, but it's a little too close for comfort!

Click here for McConnell's website.

Next up on the competition schedule is Long Beach in February. Stay tuned for those adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment