Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Poke-Poke

I'm in Venice at the boardwalk with my New Hampshire niece. We're looking for some food after strolling the canals. She is vegan, so that means no-go on my usual Jody Maroni sausage, slice of pizza or Sidewalk Cafe burger. We passed by Poke-Poke (situated across from Muscle Beach on the boardwalk) and saw the line. I thought yum after checking out the menu, and she spotted some good salad-y options. Perfect solution for our different food needs, and the other folks in line were raving about the dishes.

This is the Spicy Tuna Poke with kale served Hawaiian style, which means no rice. It was sooo fresh and delicious! This is the medium-sized deli take-out container, and it was plenty for my grumbling tummy. It takes a bit of time for them to make your custom order, so have your patience ready. It is totally worth it!

Click here for Poke-Poke's website.

Click here for my last post on Venice.

No comments:

Post a Comment