Friday, April 26, 2013

MessHall
















Some of you have been on the receiving end of my strategizing to eat at MessHall on Los Feliz Boulevard, located in the old Brown Derby building. At first, I imagined the menu to be like the defunct Cook Shack's on Huntington Drive (with the breakfast burritos the size of my forearm). But no, MessHall has a similar campy name, but a completely different menu.

Above you see the my fancy-schmancy food: Roasted Beets Salad with baby greens, grapefruit and orange segments, and a pomegranate vinaigrette. In the back are the Smoked Corn Fritters. And, because I couldn't resist the dessert menu options, below you see the Banana Cream Jar Pie. All three dishes were delicious!













The plates all have these cute little pine trees, and there's a fun collection of MessHall camp-style badges on the wall. To continue with the theme, I asked where the cots were for the my nappy afterward, because I sure could've used one. No go this time, but who wants to "become available" the next time I'm recommending a new place to eat?


No comments:

Post a Comment