Monday, December 24, 2012

Colonial Kitchen
















It's Christmas Eve, and I want breakfast. Inspired by Charles Phoenix's show last week, I want pancakes with faces!

Thanks to a recommendation, Colonial Kitchen was the destination. This place is a hoot from the first step into the door. The lobby houses a gift shoppe to get your Colonial English going (too bad it wasn't "Ye Olde Gift Shoppe), plus a nice display of beer steins and Elvis collector plates. The restrooms are marked Mr. and Mrs., so I was totally out of luck if I needed a visit.

Then comes the menu - classically old (olde?) school diner! I went with the huge Titan breakfast: pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage links, O'Brien potatoes, toast and juice. You're only seeing the highlight here. And, the waitress's face when I asked for pancakes with a face was priceless! I read it to say "Grown woman asking for a face on her pancakes..." Try it yourself and let me know how it goes!

Colonial Kitchen does not have a Web site. Their address is 1110 Huntington Drive, San Marino 91108. Phone is (626) 289-2449.

No comments:

Post a Comment