Sunday, October 8, 2023

Holiday World 2023


I haven't been to Holiday World since it was simply Santa Claus Land! But, today's the day to get my Halloween - and other holidays - thrills on!

For some background, Santa Claus Land was a delightful getaway in Santa Claus, Indiana, dating from 1946, and has the bragging rights of being the U.S.'s first theme park. It was about an hour from my parent's house, and we went often as kids. At some point I aged into being "too cool for Santa Claus Land" and stopped going when invited. In 1984, they transitioned to Holiday World and added zones geared to Fourth of July, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. In 1993, the Splashin' Safari water park was added. All features are included with the admission price. But, it will always be Santa Claus Land to me!

Today, I was here for Halloween. I appreciate the buy-in to the theme, including the Halloweened-up kiddie train ride, Star Spangled Carousel renamed to Star Spangled Scarousel (actually located in Fourth of July zone), 


special Monster Burger with garlic cheese curds, onion straws, and chipotle mayo, and spicy-seasoned fries,


the sweet Trick or Treat Mazed & Confused? corn maze,


and a fun song-and-dance performance with a full cast of scary characters. 


Plus, I did enjoy Gobbler Getaway ride in Thanksgiving zone, and of course the Christmas village.

I didn't ride any of the rollercoasters, but I will on my next visit. It won't be 40 years before I go back! Ho ho ho!!

Click here for Holiday World's website.


No comments:

Post a Comment