Sunday, May 13, 2018

Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen
















It is National Apple Pie Day, and there is no better place to return than Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen!

This is the Dutch Apple Caramel pie slice (to go). And that's at least a quarter inch of decadent caramel atop the already delicious apple pie. One day I'm going to try a slice warm with a scoop of their cinnamon ice cream, which is another dreamy combination I've gathered from fans.

I first started hearing the stories about HICPK from tour operators who were building itineraries around area attractions. When I moved to New Albany, I realized that the Blackiston Mill Road location was an easy pop-in to see what all the fuss was about. And, oh man, my taste buds will never be the same! As you'll see below, I've sampled from multiple areas of their menu, and each treat was spectacular.




















Peanut Butter and Jelly ice cream hit the spot on one trip.

















The Happy Birthday to Me chocolate cake from February. That's a seven-inch plate for perspective, and every morsel was inhaled!
















The New Albany location also has a cafe (three of the nine locations do). So, on a recent rainy day, I treated myself to the Big Cheese Melt and tomato basil soup. YUM!!

Anyone else hungry?! Let's go!!

Click here for their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment