Saturday, November 15, 2014

California Fiesta Tamales












I'm at the Burbank Town Center for a screening of the Glen Campbell documentary "I'll Be Me," about his amazing Goodbye Tour following his Alzheimer's diagnosis. Click here for the post from June, 2012. If you see "I'll Be Me," and I highly recommend that you do, be prepared for the full range of emotions: jubilation to tears. The ride is definitely worth it.

But, knowing the emotional roller coaster ahead of me, I needed some food. I grabbed these fantastic tamales at California Fiesta Tamales at the mall's food court, honestly not expecting much. Wow, was I surprised! This is a combo with a carnitas and a cheese and green chile version. Delicious!! Everything tasted homemade, fresh and delicious; their spicy salsa had we weeping with joy to get the night rolling. With Christmas coming up, who wants to split a dozen tamales with me? The chocolate variety may be the sugarplum dancing in my dreams!

California Fiesta Tamales does not have a website. Address is 201 E. Magnolia, space 374, in Burbank. Phone is 818-567-6100.

No comments:

Post a Comment