Sunday, April 6, 2014

Omelette and Waffle Shop















I'm in San Pedro to take a necklace-making class at Crafted at the Port of Los Angeles. (Click here for my earlier Crafted post.) I got down there early to have some brunch beforehand. I'd heard great things about the Omelette and Waffle Shop on Gaffey; I could tell by the line out front that this would be a score!

Here you see my Kings Hawaiian French Toast with strawberries, bananas and walnuts. Oh, and a can or so of Reddi-wip! To the left is the protein plate to balance the carbs and fat. Wow, all was deeeeelish!! I sat down at the counter and had delightful conversations with the couples seated on either side. The gentleman on my left ordered a Crane Driver: three scrambled eggs served atop two homemade biscuits with home-fried potatoes and three turkey sausage patties smothered in homemade country gravy. The lady on my right ordered the pork chilaquiles with verde sauce. They both licked their plates clean! I'll admit here that the French Toast won this battle, as I stopped about three-fourths of the way through.

Both the Crane Driver and the chilaquiles deserve a return visit. I also noted the 80 or so omelettes on the menu, in addition to a smorgasbord of pancakes and waffles. Who wants to make the trip with me?!

P.S. The class was great, but I think I'll leave my jewelry-making to the professionals!

Omelette and Waffle Shop does not have a Web site. Street address is 1103 S. Gaffey Street. Phone is 310-831-3277. They close at 3 p.m. daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment